Consolidated PBY-6A Catalina Bu 46645
Dominating this part of the Bodo museum, this Catalina represents those flown by Norwegians during WW2. Its actual history is:
Registered as N10013 in May 1956 and operated by Montreal Air Service, Montreal, Quebec, June 30, 1956-1964. Registered as CF-IZO.
Saskatchewan Government, Sakatoon, Saskatchewan, May 29, 1964.
North Canada Air Ltd, Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Sept. 3, 1965-1973, flew as tanker #12.
Norcanair Ltd, Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, 1976-1981, registered as C-FIZO.
Avalon Aviation, Parry Sound, Ontario, Aug. 4, 1981-1989, flew as tanker #8 (later #798). Fitted with PBY-5 tailplane.
Retired at Parry Sound, Ontario, Feb. 28, 1988-1989.
B. Johnson/Tech Air Systems, Toronto, Ontario, 1989.
Militaire Luchvaart Museum, Soesterberg, 1989, then delivered by air from Oshawa to Eindhoven, Sept. 28, 1989. Operated by Flight Support Europe, Eindhoven, 1989-1991. Went to Forsvarsmuseet, Akershus Castle, Oslo, 1991-1992. Restored at Gardermoen and painted up in a RNoAF scheme as "FP535", as shown here.
Picture added on 02 January 2008