It’s the digital age! The technological advancements have paved the way for digital platforms of knowledge sharing, work and income. From online rakhi delivery to educating masses online, the world is sharing information and earning digitally.
Of the various means to engage with the audience, to educate, and generate income, one that is highly popular is blogging. The writers and creative souls interested in dissipating the knowledge, making a brand value, and in earning, will find this piece of writing how to start blogging? Useful and helpful.
What is Blogging?
At heart, blogging is about sharing information with the world on a particular topic. It could be related to fashion, lifestyle, cooking, gardening, or any issue or topic the blogger feels close to his or her heart. The person or the creator of the content is known as a blogger who imparts knowledge through a blog or a blog post– a type of website focusing on written content with pictures and videos on a topic and the entire process is known as blogging.
On the whole, blogging is the share of ideas between the creator and the reader. As blog posts have a comment section, it would not be wrong to say that blogging is a two-way communication process.
Why Should You Do Blogging?
Several are curious to know why one should do blogging. What are the benefits? So, here it is:
- Make Money From Home
- A Medium to share ideas and express yourself
- Find a community
- Recognition for self and the brand
How To Start Blogging?
1) Select a niche: Determine for yourself which niche would you like to share your ideas. Because blogging is a consistent and continuous activity, selecting a niche is important. And the best way to find a niche is to question yourself which topic resonates best with you? Is it related to social issues or trending topics? The other way to select a niche is pick anyone of your hobby, say cooking, dancing, gardening, fashion, anything. Keep in mind, choose something that you are passionate about or interested for greater appeal and success.
2) Choose a Blog Name: After selecting the niche, also decide on the name of the blog. By which name would you like your blog to be known. It should be descriptive and unique. If your niche is cooking, you can go by name like flavourful food. If it is about gardening, go with something like GreenBuddies, etc.
3) Choosing a Blogging Platform: Several blogging platforms that allows you to post your blogs on a regular basis. Some are free platforms, while others are self-hosted like wordpress.com. Research and select anyone as per your convenience, and work.
4) Pick a Domain Name: It is a unique address on the internet by which your audience will recognize you online. If you have a domain name, you become searchable on the search engines and browsing platforms.
5) Get a Web Hosting Account: After getting the domain name, selecting a web hosting account is important. The functionality and performance of your site depend on your blog hosting. The host ensures your site is available to the readers 24/7.
6) Decide the Theme: Visual appeal is important. So, decide on the theme, fonts, and background of your blog. Create a layout that is eye-catchy as well as practical. The platform you are using will give you theme selections as well, or you can customize as per your requirement.
After all these steps, you are ready to embark on the blogging journey. Write and shine!
To read more on topics like this, check out the Lifestyle category.